- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup full-fat plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Lebanese bread (large) or 6 pitta bread
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Split Lebanese bread into a single layer, place on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil and add a pinch of salt. Place pine nuts in the corner of the tray to toast. Bake for 5 minutes or until bread is crispy. Break into bite-size pieces once cool.
- Boil the eggs, wash under cold water and peel
- Meanwhile, process avocados, eggs, yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic and ⅛ tsp salt in a blender (if you don’t have a blender use a pestle and mortar)
- To serve, spread the avocado dip on a platter. Add cherry tomatoes, mint, pine nuts and pita chips.
- Use gluten-free Lebanese bread or gluten-free crackers to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Use coconut yoghurt instead of Greek yoghurt to make this recipe dairy-free.
- Greek yoghurt is healthy to eat in pregnancy! Just make sure it’s made from pasteurised milk and refer to the use-by date.
- Swap pine nuts for pumpkin seeds for a more affordable option.